Make your own MARBLE RUN!
This Science Week, explore the wonder of physics!
The best thing about making your own marble run is that there are no rules at all. The aim of the game is to take your marble on an adventure through an imaginative assault course, using just gravity as ‘fuel’. Be as creative as you like, using materials that you probably already have lying around in your recycling bin. Basically, you want things that will make tunnels, chutes and towers.
Children from Wilson class have already started to bring in their amazing work!
- cardboard tubes (e.g. toilet rolls, or kitchen paper rolls – or even sturdier tubes from the inside of cling film rolls)
- newspaper (to roll into tubes)
- pipe lagging (foam insulation tubing)
- small cardboard boxes from e.g. cereal, tissues, toothpaste – or milk/juice cartons
- plastic drinks bottles
- egg cartons (to catch marbles at the end).
You’ll also need
- One large cardboard box to build it all in
- Sellotape or masking tape
- Blue tack
Bring your marble run into school by the 16th March 2018 to have your passport stamped and be entered into our prize draw!